SNAPSHOTS-TOP.jpg

« ISM's Understanding of "Non-Violence" Includes Murder? | Main | A Small Sign of Hope »

January 22, 2010

Are Anti-Jewish Commenters at the Huffington Post Being Given Preference?

huffington_560.jpg
Arianna Huffington - Founder of the Huffington Post

A disturbing investigative piece published on the internet site Front Page Magazine exposes how the Huffington Post is allowing rabid anti-Israel and anti-Jewish commenters to repeatedly post comments.

The piece provides evidence that such commenters are allowed to continue posting despite the the Post's own policy forbidding expressions of racial and religious hatred. Some of these commenters have posted thousands of times despite the Huffington Post's claim that it both pre-and post-moderates its comment boards. Read the whole thing.

The Huffington Post is not the only news site that is allowing and possibly encouraging such vitriol. Other news sites with a strong anti-Israel bent, like the Guardian are publishing similar comments. Meanwhile, there are disturbing reports that these same sites have blocked the comments from those attempting to correct the distortions of the Israel-haters.

Posted by SS at January 22, 2010 04:38 PM

Comments

Doesn't seem surprising. Arianna Huffington is a demagogue with a clear agenda. I have attempted to post comments numerous times stating that Huffington is the Liberal William Kristol and they have never been published. Would like to see if this story gains any traction.

Posted by: Shotdsherrif at January 23, 2010 07:40 AM

It is very common for sites that have an extreme political agenda, (usually hidden away behind such expressions as a 'balanced view'), to use the published 'Moderation' policy in such a way. The UK Guardian/CI(F) is the paper which comes to mind with a constantly revised laughingly called 'Moderation Policy'. The Guardian refuses to ban certain repeat offenders because these offenders reflect the 'Guardian World View'. On the other hand, commenters who repeatedly defend Jews and Israel suddenly find themselves blocked with no explanation forthcoming. Even after repeated attempts to contact the 'celestial' Mods themselves.

Posted by: Clap Hammer at January 24, 2010 12:37 AM

As a proud-Zionist, I have regularly attempted to enter reality-based comments into;Common Sense, NPR,Raw Story, Guardian,HufPo,and other Jew-baiting Israel-bashing blogs. Typically.after preliminary success in posting my rational counter-points to the usual left-wing screeds and untruths, my comments are no longer accepted. Either my log-in no longer functions, or, minutes after I "submit", my entry disappears.

So much for the so-called Progressive missive about "free speech".

Posted by: Eric at January 24, 2010 07:44 AM

Same old Arianna: free speech for me, but not for thee.

Posted by: Conrad at January 25, 2010 09:55 AM

I have many times tried to post factual counterpoints to the clearly Anti-Israel posts at Huffington Post. My posts have never been published. I have never come off angry, and always present my arguments in a clear and concise manner, providing hyperlinks to back my argument. I have never broken any of Huffington Posts policies to warrant my comments being deleted.

At this point, I will not even bother to read the garbage posted on that hate site. When the JPost did an article about Arriana Huffington, I left a Talkback criticizing Jpost for providing her with a platform to speak, after the Anti-Israel trash that she allows on her blog, as well as sending an email to Jpost directly about the situation. I never did receive a response.

Posted by: Jason - Atlanta, GA at January 25, 2010 01:47 PM

Yes, I have noticed that they delete comments, and some aren't even again their so called 'policy'

Posted by: elaine at February 9, 2010 08:04 AM

They pretty consistently delete all but the most rabid comments, on either side. They have a clear stake in showing how essentially "divided" people are, and they create an exacerbated idea of that division at every opportunity.

Posted by: Ellacha at February 26, 2010 10:46 PM

Guidelines for posting

This is a moderated blog. We will not post comments that include racism, bigotry, threats, or factually inaccurate material.